A glass pool fence offers a sleek, modern aesthetic to any backyard oasis, but keeping it pristine can often seem like a daunting task. Today, we will run through how to clean a glass pool fence, plus some advice on how to keep it clean for longer.
Follow our easy step-by-step process and make the most of our insider tips for cleaning glass. Pool fencing maintenance has never been easier!
Why clean your glass pool fence regularly?
Regular cleaning of your glass pool fence plays a pivotal role in prolonging its lifespan, ensuring safety, and enhancing the overall look of your outdoor oasis.
Routine maintenance is key to extending the durability of your glass fencing. Environmental factors like dust, dirt, and exposure to the elements can gradually degrade the glass and its fixtures.
Safety is another critical aspect. A clear, unobstructed view through clean glass panels is vital, especially in a pool environment where visibility is paramount for monitoring children or pets.
Finally, the aesthetic appeal of a clean glass fence cannot be overstated. A spotless, streak-free fence enhances the beauty of your outdoor space, creating an inviting and serene environment.
Step-by-step cleaning process
Cleaning your glass pool fence doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With the right tools and techniques, you can keep it looking as pristine as the day it was installed.
- Microfibre cloth
- Dish detergent
- Garden Hose
- Rinse the glass: Start by gently rinsing the glass with water from the hose to remove loose dirt and debris.
- Apply cleaning solution: Dip your sponge into a bucket filled with water and detergent then apply it to the glass in a circular motion.
- Scrub gently: Use the sponge to gently scrub the glass. Pay special attention to areas with stubborn stains, but avoid using abrasive tools that can scratch the glass.
- Rinse again: Rinse the glass thoroughly with clean water. Ensure all soap or cleaning solution is washed off to prevent residue.
- Squeegee the water off: Use the squeegee to remove water from the glass. Start from the top and work your way down in a smooth, continuous motion.
Dry and polish: Use a clean, dry microfiber cloth to dry off any remaining water. Gently polish the glass for a sparkling finish.
Tips for tackling common issues
If you’ve just cleaned your glass pool fencing and streaks are still present, consider the following cleaning tips:
- Clean on a cloudy day or when the glass is not in direct sunlight, as heat can cause the solution to dry too quickly, leaving streaks.
- Replace the rubber blade on your squeegee regularly to avoid streaks caused by nicks or splits in the blade.
- If streaks persist, finish with a spray of equal parts water and white vinegar, followed by a quick squeegee.
For bird droppings, the key is to act fast. The longer it sits, the harder it is to remove.
- Wet a cloth with warm water and place it over the droppings for a few minutes. This softens the droppings, making them easier to remove.
- Use a sponge or a microfiber cloth to gently scrub the area. Avoid harsh scrubbing, which can scratch the glass.
- After removing the droppings, sanitize the area with a mild disinfectant or a mixture of water and vinegar to ensure hygiene and prevent streaks.
Preventative measures to reduce frequent deep cleans
Implementing preventative measures for your glass pool fencing can significantly reduce the frequency of deep cleans, saving you time and effort while keeping your fence looking its best.
Apply protective coating
One highly recommended approach is the application of a protective coating, such as EnduroShield. This specialized glass treatment creates a long-lasting barrier that repels water and grime, making routine cleaning simpler and more efficient.
EnduroShield not only facilitates easier maintenance but may also provide additional UV protection, preserving the clarity and appearance of your glass fencing.
At Premium Glass, we offer you the option to add glass coating like EnduroShield to your newly installed pool fencing. Contact us to request more information about our products and services.
Address nearby landscaping
Trimming overhanging branches reduces the amount of leaves and debris that fall onto the glass. Opting for low-maintenance plants that don’t shed excessively helps to keep the area clean.
Additionally, adjusting lawn sprinklers to avoid spraying the glass fencing can prevent water spots and mineral buildup.
Why use quality materials for your pool fencing?
Quality materials are also a critical factor in the ease of maintenance. We utilize high-grade glass that is specifically designed to withstand the harsh outdoor environment, including exposure to UV rays, chlorine, and saltwater. This type of glass is more resistant to scratching, staining, and etching, which are common challenges in pool environments.
Moreover, the use of robust corrosion-resistant hardware and fittings further enhances the fence’s durability and longevity. At Premium Glass, we use aluminum or marine-grade stainless steel for the posts and fittings in our glass pool fences.
Finally, professional installation ensures that every aspect of the fencing is optimally designed and precisely executed. Our specialists are skilled in designing and installing glass panels in a way that minimises gaps and ensures proper alignment, reducing the likelihood of dirt and debris accumulation.
Install durable pool fencing with Premium Glass
Now that you know how to clean a glass pool fence, it’s time to find the best option on the market. At Premium Glass, we supply and install frameless and semi-frameless glass pool fencing made with quality materials.
We use toughened glass for the panels and aluminum or marine-grade stainless steel coating for the posts and fittings. The result is a shiny and clear fence that can withstand strong UV and corrosion. You can also request EnduroShield coating to be applied to your glass fence for extra protection.
Get in touch today for a FREE quote or to request more information on our range of glass pool fences in Perth.